Ok, we have discussed planning and nutrition. This week we are going to talk about something that doesn’t usually get associated with the Holidays; STRESS. With the endless parties, travel, family gatherings and of course shopping. It’s easy to see how we can be overwhelmed with all this plus a full time life. Stress can lead to physical symptoms including weight gain, headaches, upset stomach, elevated blood pressure, chest pain, and problems sleeping. Research suggests that stress also can bring on or worsen certain symptoms or diseases. This should be a time to be thankful for what we have, not about worrying about getting the Christmas cards out on time, or not being able to find that perfect gift. Here are a few tips to help with your shopping, so you can check one more thing from your to-do list.
1) Buy duplicates. If you find a great gift at a great price, consider getting one for several people on your list, if it fits their tastes.
2) Include gift receipts. Ask for gift receipts at the register, and include them with your gifts when you wrap them. That way, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that if what you got doesn’t work for your recipient, they can easily exchange it.
3) Get gift cards. If you really need things to be simple, gift cards and certificates are a great option.
4) Let the post office be your friend. Rather than lugging all of your gifts to the post office and standing in the long lines, you can now get them to come to you! Visit the USPS website .
5) Make time for exercise. Exercise is proven to reduce stress and help you sleep better. It will also keep the pounds from creeping up on you over the holidays!
Yours in health,
The question most often asked at this time of year is, “How can I fit in a workout when I have NO time!” I gave you a quick workout option last email, and here’s another one!
20 Body Weight Squats
15 Pushups (on knees or toes)
Repeat as many times as you have time for! You will hit the major muscle groups and spike your heart rate. Remember, something is better than nothing!!
If you do this, email me and let me know what you think!
Latest Life Shotz testimonial:
“As a mother of five children ages five years and younger, I need all the energy I can get, the best sleep possible, a great attitude, and I can’t afford to be sick. Life Shotz provides me with natural energy all day and well past the time my children are in bed! I wake in the morning feeling refreshed and ready to start my busy day! I feel better and have a healthier immune system. Life Shotz makes me a better mom! I certainly don’t want to be without it!”